Thursday, December 16, 2010

Small moving job (Not too small if you need to hire people..ay gov'nor?)

Looking for 2 people tomorrow (12/16) to help move bags/boxes, etc... from attic to first floor of home. Approx. 1 hr work.

Compensation: $30 for job ($15 per person)
----

Matt understands: Okay so perhaps you are a physically small person, an older person and/or you have other physical issues (or maybe you are too busy). You want not just 1 but 2 random people to come to your home to move a bunch of stuff up & down flights of stairs for $15 each? Again it makes me wonder why people wouldn't ask neighbors and/or their kids for some help. Why is someone looking for work on craigslist going to bring their buddy to make $30 total to go up and down stairs carrying who knows what? What I find funniest is the ability to be able to guess the amount of time it would take and I'd love to hear how the price is determined.
Sure people need money and others have fixed incomes but there's a chance you live in a house which means you can afford a house in a major city. 1 hour, 20 minutes or 3 hours - I'd say at least offer $100 - $50 each?
I still think that might be low but it's respectable. But what do I know as I have never timed or priced moving objects - I do know movers and moving companies are not cheap. It really irks me that people go on Craigslist to hire others and think that means they can be cheap about it like those people looking for work must be worthless and desperate?! HEY YOU!

No comments:

Yahoo HOT Celebs